Yesterday we had fresh cut fries – oh, so good! Today we have poutine!
Last week, February 1st was the kick off to poutine week in eastern Ontario – many restaurants in Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal were whipping up their lavish versions!!
This is a very basic version, yet it’s tasty and will fill you up. Oh, just don’t snack on all the cheese curds before you build your dish. These are little bits of goodness.
- fries – or fresh cut fries
- cheese curds
I’m a fan of turkey gravy – but beef gravy is far richer.
Also – make sure you get good quality cheese curds! Just a note that cheese curds won’t melt and get all stringy.
Top hot fries with cheese curds. Then top with hot, hot gravy!
Now eat – eat while it’s hot!
- 4 cups of fries
- 1 cup of gravy
- 2 cups of cheese curds
- I'm a fan of turkey gravy - but beef gravy is far richer.
- Also - make sure you get good quality cheese curds!
- Top hot fries with cheese curds. Then top with hot, hot gravy!
- Now eat - eat while it's hot!