Recipe: Carmel Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Nutella? Carmel? Cookies? Ah, ya! I think so! It’s day three in the 12 days of cookie celebration here at 3ten.ca…today, carmel stuffed chocolate cookies. So gooey and good.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (to sprinkle on top)
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cake flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of nutella (to fill)
- 15-16 caramel chocolate balls (in a pinch, use rolos – check out my rolo and ritz snack)
Step one – melt the butter and then cream with the sugar. Add in eggs. Slowly add in all dry ingredients and then add the chocolate chips last.
Now – your dough is ready. Roll into a tiny ball and then make a pocket. Put in a dollop of nutella and then a carmel chocolate ball. Top with more dough and a bit of sea salt.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Be careful not to over bake…they will turn rock hard. Cool for a minute, or two.
Eat up the gooey mess!
I hope you’ve enjoyed recipe 3 of the 12 days of cookies celebration!!
See you tomorrow.