Are you ready for some chocolate chip banana bread? Let’s get baking on this fine Wednesday. Who’s ready?!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
So, it’s Wednesday morning and I’m prepping crock-pot meals – not enough room in the freezer because of all the bananas. What to do?
I could have made my regular banana nut muffins, but my husband has been a bit of a chocolate chip thief…sneaking a handful at a time, so why not make chocolate chip banana bread!!
Start with my banana nut muffins recipe, and simply add 1/2-1 cup of chocolate chips (we like a lot of chip love!).
Bake in a bread pan at 350 degrees for about 45-55 minutes – let cool and slice.
Enjoy the chocolate banana goodness…
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of soft butter (not melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large (or 4 small) super ripened banana (like almost all black)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 ½ - 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients and mix well, then mash (or lightly sir) in the bananas.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flower, soda, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, and then add nuts.
- I bake mine in my stoneware pan, so I use parchment paper. If you’re using a muffin tin, be sure to either use liners or butter it so they muffins don’t stick.
- Fill them high – like right to the top.
- Bake for 24-27 if doing muffins or 45-55 for a loaf minutes at 350 degrees.
- Break open and butter or jam it up…or eat plain, either way your tummy will know it’s yummy!