Eats: Meal Prep Sunday
Meal Prep Sunday
I follow @leefromamerica on Instagram. She is a flat out inspiration. Two weeks ago I was inspired to revamp our fridge and jump on the meal prep train. I’ll admit, it’s a little challenging at first, since neither Bryce nor I work Monday – Friday, so blocking out a few hours each Sunday morning as taken some planning. That planning, however, is worth it. Not only do we have delicious and nutritious lunches and dinners set for work, we also have a solid base for meals at home. Oh, and a lot of energy and time to do fun things like new landscaping or sewing.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve probably seen these photos below from the last week – me, the rookie, learning how to meal prep.
Here I wanted to share some tips and tricks that I’ve learned even after two weeks!
- grocery shop the day before you meal prep (doing both in the same day is too much)
- start with the prep – cut and wash everything
- get things cooking as soon as you can (I like to roast the veg as soon as it’s prepped)
- wash dishes as you go – this allows me to keep my kitchen clean and organized
- plan out what dishes/containers you’ll need and ensure they’re clean and ready
Some Recipes to Try
If you’re looking for healthy and tasty food that will hold up in your fridge for a few days, then give some of these a try. Also, simple things like roasted veg or hard boiled eggs are staples.
Overall, I like meal prepping. Last week it took me about 4 hours and this week, using some of those tips above, I got it down to 2.5 hours; and, that included giving Lily, our Great Dane, and extensive foot bath since she likes to play in the mud!
Thanks for visiting and happy cooking. Have a great week.