Recipe: BBQ Chicken Salad
BBQ chicken salad time…the 3rd salad in our seven sensational spring salad celebration. This one is AWESOME.
Time to fire up the BBQ…or like me, just use your cast iron pan! Either way, it’ll taste great. Adapted from damndelicous (well, all I saw was the picture on Pinterest – then I was totally inspired!). So…here we go.
- 5 chicken breasts
- bottle of BBQ sauce (you’ll use about 1/2)
- small head of iceberg lettuce
- large head of romaine lettuce
- 15 oz of corn (about 1 cup)
- 19 oz of black beans (about 1 1/2 cups)
- small red onion
- 1/2 cup of cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup of broken corn chips
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
Time to cook.
Put your chicken on the grill and brush with BBQ sauce – a lot of it. Turn it and brush some more. Keep doing this until it’s cooked (165 degrees here in Alberta).
Time for the salad – get everything ready and get ready to build.
First – mix together the lettuce, onion, corn and beans.
Put the salad mix in a bowl. Next, add some cheese. Then a few corn chips. Now add the chicken, diced. Then, top with bbq and ranch drizzle. Top with a bit more cheese and broken corn chips.
This salad will make 4-5 bowls.
Eat up…it’s so good.
Let me know if you’ve tried one of the spring salads yet and how you liked it!
Happy Saturday! Only one more week until spring is officially here. So wonderful.